Apr 13, 2023
In episode 401, Marta Rivera Diaz teaches us how to be an authentic ally as a content creator, helping under-served individuals in thoughtful and genuine ways.
Marta Rivera Diaz is a formally trained chef with more than 25 years of cooking and baking experience and is the chef and author behind Sense & Edibility®, her “online culinary school.” Marta created Sense & Edibility® to encourage advanced and novice cooks alike, to explore- and succeed at executing culinary fundamentals, techniques, and cuisines never before explained or introduced to them. As a bi-racial woman, who grew up and married into the military, and one who lives with a disability, Marta is a staunch advocate for under-served communities, especially in the food space. In this episode, you’ll learn more about how to stand up for equality, diversity and inclusion in your field of expertise.
- When you want to be inclusive and consider diversity, look beyond yourself.
- How can you be a better, considered person online?
- Don’t limit creators’ abilities based on their racial and gender characteristics.
- How to respond to someone’s suggestion for your own content?
- Find someone to openly ask about what is potentially offensive to them.
- Be careful when you are writing about a certain culture in your content.
- Provide recipe hacks in a sensitive way to people with disabilities etc.
- Write exciting Alt Text for your images.
Connect with Marta Rivera Diaz